Thought I would post my current build / project car / track car (Hoping to start this year!)
My names Brendan, been in love with cars since forever. Started out wanting to drift, but after a few track days, I bit the bug hard and wanted to focus on that...
I used to drive a R33 GTS-T Skyline, until I had a minor altercation with a guard rail at 150k/h
Bought another daily R33 and pulled the other one down for parts... With all the fond memories, I couldn't sell the bits and decided to get myself another car I could tinker away with.
I was working a guy who had a daily driven S13 - After a year of knowing him he purchased a new R32 GTR and no longer had need for the Silvia - SR20de manual - I threw him an offer and I was now the owner of this car for $600!
Car came back to my house and sat there for 8 months or so - Another friend of mine had the same car, but in Auto and was looking to do a manual conversion. After sitting down with her and working out the costs... I decided to straight swap the cars with $800 my way. I then pulled the SR20 out with the Auto box and sold this to some random for $800.
With this, I purchased a Mc Kinney motorsport RB25det conversion kit from Raw Brokerage in the states. The bug bit again and I started work on the car - Doing heaps of research I decided I would fit every bit I possibly could from the Skyline.
I fitted up the RB25det motor and RB25det gearbox - Lined up MINT with the kit and sat low enough to clear the bonnet first go without spacing. I pulled out the rear cradle and sold that off and fitted the R33 GTS-T cradle. This gave me the bigger brakes, 5 stud, better diff and extra track - Pretty decent upgrade! Only thing I needed was the alloy offset rack spacers (Never hit the chassis like others have experienced)
Engine mounted and sitting in there:
Then enlisted the help of my friend Jono and wired the car up had it running in the first few hours and felt good!
While the car was sitting there unregistered - I decided to strip some weight - Removed all the sound deadening in the car, boot and doors (Took F**KING AGES - Not until after I had done it, did people tell me to use dry ice >.
Sprayed the area's with random paint to prevent any future rust (Using a chisel and hammer to remove the sound dead)
I bought some cheap 2nd hand coilovers for $300 a set of 4 - Fitted them to the car and put it all back together. Took it for its first few drivers and the thing was great. Having only driven the standard R33GTS-T - Jumping into a light S13 with the same motor was great! Had real traction issues with the 205 16"s that were on it.
Decided that I would do the "Onevia" conversion due to the front of the Silvia having some massive damage to the bar. Found a BARGAIN online - Free Veilside front bar and Fibreglass bonnet / 40mm front guards for $200 all up! So grabbed them and slapped them on. Was starting to look a bit more completed but I was no where near happy with it. Knowing I wanted to race the car when it was completed.
I started having some talks with Phil from CARTEL ONLINE - The man was great and put up with me for months pestering him. Ended up spending a fair bit there to get my handling bits.
Ended up getting pretty much the entire catalogue
Drifworks CS2 Coilovers / Driftworks Adjustable arms (Everyone one of them) / Front and Rear Geomaster Knuckles / 4 Point harness / Oil cooler / Rota Torque 17 x 9 +15 wheels with Federal RSR Semi's (To begin until I learn to drive fast =P) / braided brake lines - clutch / Nardi DW wheel etc
Note to all playing at home - Geomasters + LCA's + 17's are pretty bad
Ended up having to grind the lower bolt down.