Sign in to follow this  
Dose Pipe Sutututu

bring back the old nissansilvia.com and get rid of this homo hardtuned rubbish

yo loz,

since the forum is pretty dead now, let's bring back the old nissansilvia days where you had a proper hierarchy of technical forums and less of the other crap..

yes the other crap might bring in organic traffic from search engines but I doubt you're getting much returning visitors.. without returning visitors and lack of call to actions your sponsors are running away.

so my recommendations:

• deleted all the other sub forums, or just branch them completely off so they're under their own domain
  • introduce proper forum structure like before
  • simplify the site so there's less fugly graphics that hurts everyone's eyes
  • perhaps even get the group cams affiliated somehow so we are a recognised car club
  • get track days organised

• Upvote 3

Yes im with johnny on this one... sick of seeing such a good thing slipping away.. this place used to be pumping with good deals from sponsors awesome for sale stuff and good tech section...

no meet ups? No track days? Guess its why i joined NSCC

It's not a bad idea, considering most new posts are noobs looking for purchase advice, people trying to fix issues, or tech queries.

Consdering the bulk of the new threads are of the same vein, then there's no real reason to have anything beyond Tech Stuff, Classifieds and Misc really. Even motorsport events/whatever could be in a Misc forum, since they rarely get much interest, and those threads are little more than adverts anyway.

perhaps have something like this:

• engine modifications
  • suspension, handling and braking
  • general maintenance
  • motorsport, track days
  • general

that would be better, at least people would not just spam the shit out of certain forums.. right now there are too many useless ones.

I never got why there is Hardtuned, NS, evotuned, Subituned, hondatuned etc..

I dont even browse the forums so to speak, I just look at the latest/active topics link and look for topics of interest.

couldnt tell you what subforum half the stuff was in.

So basically what you are trying to say is... The forum needs Blast Pipes?

• Upvote 1

"perhaps even get the group cams affiliated somehow so we are a recognised car club"

Agree , I think this a good idea^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree with most of the points.

I've come back on for the first time in a couple years the last week since closing my fb, so that's obviously been a huge contributor to a drop in activity for most and would not of helped with the New now Old classifieds section not being popular when drift sales and the like was gaining ground.

Have really only just realised how much I've missed a forum style page for my car things, has been great to come back to here and SAU and seeing tech talk and build threads which is absent from fb pages and the majority of what I actually want to do when I have some down time, stack that with browsing the classifieds and the odd dribble shit thread and some local forum (SA for me which used to have huge traffic 3-12 years ago here) and I'm happy.

Don't know how to cater for everyone, but they're the areas I float around so alot of the sub forums seem pointless.

Real shame to see the YouTube thread die btw.

Great to find SteveP is still posting movies for everyone reliably yet noone seems to ever thank him for it let alone comment in the thread, props to him.

Does up late still have a thing external from here?

Does up late still have a thing external from here?

I googled up late and stumbled across Uplaters so I signed up. Guessing it's the same site since half of the members on here are on there. Crazy mob of motherf***ers on there.

Agreed, prefer the older ns. Who actually runs this site now?

From my recollection, the site is actually run at a loss. In the past it made cash, but the user base simply isn't there.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think I am on this one.

if he took my advice years ago, there would be a slightly better hope now.. but he was too concerned about page hits off organic searches...

Might have worked when there was activity, now most of the other shitty threads are like 2~3 yrs old and the search ranking will get lost deeper and deeper in the paginated pages.

From my recollection, the site is actually run at a loss. In the past it made cash, but the user base simply isn't there.

If that is the case why is this site still operating? If it was my site and I wasn't making any money on it I wouldn't be sticking around.

If that is the case why is this site still operating? If it was my site and I wasn't making any money on it I wouldn't be sticking around.

I'm not Loz and I can only go off what I've been told, however if it's true then he will have his reasons, whether it be status, fringe benefits, tax writeoffs, nostalgia or a sense of philanthropist work. Irrespective, for loss or profit it's great that he's kept it alive despite dwindling member numbers.

I started using this forum on the tail end of forum popularity, if that's anything to go by then it was pretty amazing when it was full swing, I've gotta stop being lazy and updating my build thread when I do things

Hey Guys,

apologies about not looking at this.

I haven't even been on the forums in years either as hardtuned clothing has been my main focus.

Reality is the site runs at a loss now in a big way and costs me a couple hundred a week to run - was considering just switching it off but i do want to see it reborn as well.

End of the day NS is a community. Comments like "it's why i am at NSCC now" is the issue i guess we have : We don't have any committed members willing to run with new events and shows, we don't have anyone actively promoting it like S-Chassis facebook is being promoted... and it is because the platform is dated (forums).

From a site and community perspective events are great, who is keen to organise them ?

I am 100% behind anyone that wants to do stuff in their state...?

The reasoning behind hardtuned is because silvia's are a 20yo car now. I saw that the community and market for them will only get smaller really so was looking to branch out the forums to something bigger and duplicate what we had for NS for other brands. In retrospect i should have set up completely seperate websites for each and attempted to grow them individually with their own teams.

I agree that focusing on nissansilvia.com specifically is probably a good way forward.

Will review the server setup / overall useage of the site and from there look to possibly upgrading all the forums to the latest version, re-formatting the forums in the process and hopefully .

Also guys.. kind of ironic, but please add me on facebook if you haven't :

LOZ GLEN

It's my primary form of messaging so will help us collaborate and move forward with getting this site bakc to it's former glory.

Thanks Loz, if there's anything I can do to help bring NS back up I will. Keep us updated.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this