Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

Jesper Stromblad leaves In Flames

The last founding member of In Flames has left the group. This is a damn shame, but probably the right move as he was having less & less influence in the band - and their music was suffering as a result.

Guitarist Jesper Strömblad has officially quit Swedish metallers IN FLAMES. He says in a statement, "I have decided it is best for me to leave IN FLAMES and to quit the band permanently.

"The last 17 years have been a blast, and I am proud to have been part of this great journey, with the most talented and amazing people anyone can wish to have the privilege to work with. I'm also the luckiest guy in the world, to have the BEST fans in the world, who have been supporting me during my difficult times. It means the world to me, and I'm determined to fight and defeat my demons once and for all…. and by the help from you guys, I'm on my way.

"I'm far from done with music, metal, or whatever my direction is taking me, so be sure to hear from me in the future."

The remaining members of IN FLAMES have released the following statement regarding Jesper's decision to leave the band:

"We are losing a great guitar player and musician, but in order to keep a very dear friend this is probably for the best. If this feels right for Jesper, we are behind him 100% on his decision.

"It is way too early to speculate about the future and possible replacements and things like that. However, we can assure you that IN FLAMES will continue as a band, release albums and tour the world.

"The door to IN FLAMES is always open to Jesper. We are, and will always be, behind Jesper 100% on his way to recovery."

You just ruined my day. Jesper was the sickest guitarist out.

He's better for it, he was having less musical influence the longer the band stayed together. In Flames can now reach Anders' vision of being a US style pop-metal band. Such a f**king waste as their early stuff was brilliant music, their new stuff is the soy chai latte of metal - f**king rubbbish.

He's better for it, he was having less musical influence the longer the band stayed together. In Flames can now reach Anders' vision of being a US style pop-metal band. Such a f**king waste as their early stuff was brilliant music, their new stuff is the soy chai latte of metal - f**king rubbbish.

It's disappointing that they will probably make more money in the next 2 years by writing music for Twilight-esque albums than the likes of their earlier work.

Another great band goes astray.

Is he the big one that stands at the side of the stage and hardly moves?

^ He had the blonde hair. Other guitarist had dark brown hair.

in_flames__mg_8630.jpg

Sad news. Not sure if they will improve or be what they used to be like.

Still think Clayman is one of the greatest metal albums of all time.

Thread title is so misleading...

Having never heard of "In Flames" I was expecting some bloke leaving a stage on fire.

Having never heard of "In Flames" I was expecting some bloke leaving a stage on fire.

LOL me too,

oh hahahaha I get ya now.

:P