Sign in to follow this  
djhatzigiannis

What song to remix?

Hey guys

Spoke to a mate the other day bout teaching me how to remix songs on logic.

Now i have to think or a song i want to do.

Nothing currently out would be suitable.(ie in last 5 yrs)

i was thinking something like fresh prince of bel air

or some old school hip hop rap stuff...i wont say whos helping me but its gonna have a underground sound.

any ideas would be appreciated

Return of the Mack! That would have potential if remixd right!

alot of artists seem to be doing mash ups lately...like Jay-Z just did one over Forever Young

remix Chemical Brothers - Get Yourself High

and that track from one of the Bourne Identity trilogies. i think might be produced by Moby. the instrumental version.

i dunno. i'd like to hear that done well.

the newest remix competition on beatport is fatboy slim - weapon of choice (year 2000)..

you get an extremely clean vocal to use and not to shabby parts.

http://www.beatportal.com/remix/contest/fatboy-slim-weapon-of-choice-remix-contest/

i think you'll find the hardest part is getting clean parts to do a remix... especially if they are older songs

didnt think it would take that long to do, saying its shit is ur opinion, lots of ppl like that style. got and samples of what uve done? just curious with genres n stuff .ive played it many times so many ppl loose their shit to stuff like that in melb

that d12 mix is horrid. it is now fouled. the bassline and drum pattern must have taken that 'producer' so long though, judging by its technical complexity.

fail.

if it takes you longer then 20mins to make something like that... your doing it wrong... :lol: its terrible

whats terrible that junk like this is so what turned into the mainstream in Melbourne with horrid places like TFU, WAH WAH et all

thank f**k the techno scene in melbourne is starting to thrive and big names are being brought out here or i would never leave my place to go clubbing

sounds like tfu and korova...

not sure if you have herd drug rats, which is the mix of rug rats theme.

i was thinking thomas the tank engine theme.

or chase the sun - plante funk

i dont understand why ppl HATE dirty/minimal electro

Fair enough dont like it but hate?

minimal has the potential elements of production merit, dont get me wrong, but that example was just ridiculous... i merely am hating that particular song.. :lol:

such a piss poor excuse of a production, yet people are telling this producer he is actually good.. anyone can get a vocal, put a kick and snare under it and say they remixed the song... seriously wtf?

an example of how minimal should be... atleast more then 20seconds of thought has gone into the track, good dynamics, interesting ideas, understated groove... this wins in my eyes, and should be what people talk about, not that other junk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LNTCUn_6QU