Sign in to follow this  
DreamensioN

Universal Language update

I just realised I hadn't been updating NS with my latest Universal Languages....

Instead of creating 3 seperate threads, I thought I'd just put them together here in 1 thread.

DreamensioN pres. Universal Language 033 (with Rich Curtis guest mix)

2010 is looking to be a great year for trance & dance music! In this episode of Universal Language I have a special guest mix by a local Brisbane DJ - Rich Curtis. I've known Rich as a name in the Brisbane music scene for a couple of years, and it was a pleasure to have him as a guest on my show. Rich Curtis has played as different clubs in Brisbane, and most recently at this years Future Music Festival.

This month Rich Curtis brings his funky electro sounds as a compliment to my more upbeat and energetic set.

Here is the info on Rich!

Rich_Curtis.jpg

"There are few underground DJs in Brisbane with as good an ear for “big tunes” as Rich Curtis. An honours graduate from the university of epic progressive house as taught by Professors Sasha, Digweed and Cattaneo, Rich has become one of the Queensland capital’s most valuable closing slamfest DJs with a relentless approach to his DJ sets; sets built on a foundation of chugging bottom end and rolling percussion but with enough sprinklings of melody to keep music fans shoulder to shoulder with dancefloor junkies in front of him whenever he spins.

It’s Rich’s discipline as a DJ which has set him apart from the growing band of aspiring jocks in south-east Queensland through the mid to late noughties. Where many DJs – established, aspiring or otherwise – struggle to piece together one promo mix a year, you can set your watch to Rich turning in two quality mixes every month – always fresh, always epic, and always staying faithful to his sound, which sits at the big room end of progressive and tech house.

Schooled in the art of keyboard, trumpet, guitar and drums, it’s hardly surprising that Rich has an affinity with the more musical end of house music. He continues to draw inspiration from the progressive scene’s 1990s godfathers, with his endlessly rolling style and music collection very much reminiscent of John Digweed in full flight. So it’s appropriate that he’s played a pivotal role in bringing some of the other progressive masters to Brisbane, hosting Anthony Pappa on four separate occasions in the last three years (playing back to back with the man early in 2009!) and also providing a leading hand in getting Hernan Cattaneo to Brisbane for the first time ever in 2009.

It was inevitable that Rich turned his hand to promoting, and he’s successfully hosted the Ulterior and Embrace nights alongside Steve Woolley from local techno act Dingostyle under the banner of their Ritual Events promotional company. Rich also pushes his sound through residencies at Brisbane's Empire Hotel (for Ulterior), Caloundra's Tonic Lounge (for House Arrest) and Billy's Beach House on the Gold Coast (for Movement), and his skills have regularly been called on to play events like DROP, F**k Fluro, The Sunday Roast and A Night With… at such respected venues as Family, The Met, Barsoma, Planet, Birdee Num Num, Mass (now Magic-City) and GPO across Brisbane.

Since 2007 he’s been racking up the quality support slots across the south-east corner of Queensland, playing alongside Pappa, Jim Rivers, Reset Robot (Dave Robertson), Henry Saiz, Hybrid, Kosmas Epsilon, Dubfunk, Slam, Fergie, Danny Bonnici, Charlie May, Hernan Cattaneo, Chris Fortier, Lee Burridge, Simon Baker, 4 Strings, Vince Watson, Nathan Fake. Ricky Ryan (Can Costa), Matt Rowan & Jaytech, Mind Electric, Mark Dynamix, and Steve Hill among others, and so far on the cards for 2010 Marc Marzenit, Chymera and Sean Quinn.

Combine his increasingly busy DJ schedule with a regular Friday night show on krankydigital.comand guest appearances on JJJ and 4ZzZ radio and you get to understand why Rich Curtis has become such a valuable player on this local scene. His lifelong mission to bring the music is bearing fruit, and his studies at the school of prog are all but complete"

Visit Rich Curtis @:

http://www.ritualeventsaus.com/djrichcurtis

http://www.facebook.com/Rich.Curtis.I?ref=search&sid=605043690.432603183..1

http://www.myspace.com/ritualeventsqld

DreamensioN presents Universal Language 033
Release Date: 3rd March 2010 (Only @ www.afterhours.fm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DreamensioN presents Universal Language 033 (with Rich Curtis Guest Mix)

Artist...............: DreamensioN
Album................: Universal Language 033 (with Rich Curtis Guest Mix)
Genre................: Trance/Progressive
Source...............: WEB
Year.................: 2009
Codec................: LAME
Version..............: MPEG 1 Layer III
Quality..............: 320kb CBR
Channels.............: Stereo / 44100 hz
Tags.................: ID3 v1.0, ID3 v2.3

Included.............: NFO, JPG

-------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Tracklisting

-== DreamensioN ==-
01 - Nalin & Kane With OceanLab - Beachball vs Sky Falls Down (Myon & Shane 54 Mashup)
02 - Andy Moor and Ashley Wallbridge feat Meighan Nealon - Faces (Ben Gold vocal mix)
03 - Tastexperience - Summersault (Lee Haslam remix)
04 - Above and Beyond pres. Oceanlab - On A Good Day (Daniel Kandi remix)
05 - Cosmic Gate feat Aruna - Under Your Spell (Myon and Shane 54 remix)
06 - Andain - Beautiful Things (Roger Shah Magic Island remix)
07 - Deadmau5 feat Kaskade - I Remember (Original mix)
08 - Ilya Soloviev and Poshout - Leaving Planet (Original mix)
09 - Josh Gabriel pres Winter Kills - Deep Down (Alex M.O.R.P.H. remix)
10 - DJ Sakin & Friends - Protect Your Mind (Lange Remix)

-== Rich Curtis ==-
Tracklist unavailable

DIRECT DOWNLOAD HERE: http://tinyurl.com/ygl6ftr

DreamensioN pres. Universal Language 034 (with Conor Arkins guest mix)

Uplifting, energetic, melodic, bangin' - those are the words I use to describe this month's show. This month's Universal Language takes you on a journey. Through the melodic and vocal sounds of my set, into the uplifting energetic sound of this month's guest...Conor Arkins.

You may remember Conor from some previous Afterhours.FM events (such as Australia In The Mix), and the End Of Year Countdown series which we have every year from Dec 24 - Jan 1st.

For a while now I've been looking forward to having Conor as a guest on the show, and it was worth the wait. Conor delivers like a UPS truck in this set. Grab a download...seriously - just have a listen to this man at work.

Here is the info on Conor!

Conor%20Arkins.jpg

"Growing up in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Conor Arkins was inspired from an early childhood by classic Ibiza tunes from artists such as ATB, Paul Oakenfold, Tiesto and Armin Van Buuren. In 2003 he made the move to Perth, Western Australia and settled down with the goal to transform the country into a trance nation.

In his time in Australia, Conor has successfully hosted his own 2 hour radio show 'Entrancement' that aired each week on http://www.ETN.FM/, spinning the newest and best releases in trance and progressive. The show ran for over a year and a half and contained dedicated and perfected harmonic mixes from Conor himself, along with many of the world’s most talented guests in the second hour. Such guests included Matt Darey, Mike Shiver, Mark Otten, Hawk, Sonorous, Galen Behr, John O'Callaghan, Solarstone, Thomas Bronzwaer, Jonas Steur, Ronski Speed, Mark Eteson, and Sean Tyas.

“Watch out for this guy, one of the rising stars of internet radio that is destined for bigger things”– Matt Darey

“Knowing Conor now for more than a year and he steadily proves his ability to play the right tracks at the right time. The sets have a great flow and just the best in trance and progressive. Great guy.” – Ronski Speed

“Conor has continuously been bringing music from the studios of the producers into the ears of fans, and for the right reasons. The style range has become an invaluable medium for many up-and-coming and seasoned artists to showcase their productions in a well balanced and mixed environment.” – Sean Tyas

Conor has also been seen performing at one of Perth’s former premier trance clubs, ‘The Church’, and was the #1 DJ for Edith Cowan University in 2005. However, apart from his own endeavours, Conor currently works for one of the earliest and true legends of trance, Matt Darey. He is the A&R for his Nocturnal radio show, which not only airs across 116 FM stations worldwide each and every week, but has its own Podcast available from iTunes, making it the fastest growing syndicated dance show in the world! ..

For the past two years Conor has been juggling his DJing life and his full time job as an Accountant for Coca-Cola, but intends on re-launching and reviving his Entrancement radio show on a monthly basis. Watch this space!

Visit Conor Arkins @

Internet: http://www.mattdarey.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/conorarkins

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/conorarkins

DreamensioN presents Universal Language 034
Release Date: 7th April 2010 (Only @ www.afterhours.fm)

DreamensioN presents Universal Language 034 (with Conor Arkins Guest Mix)

Album................: Universal Language 033 (with Conor Arkins Guest Mix)
Year.................: 2010

Tracklisting

-== DreamensioN ==-
01 - Envio vs Kirsty Hawkshaw Meets Tenishia - Reasons For You (Nil Lo Serendipia Mashup)
02 - Ronski Speed feat Ana - The Deep Devine (Gareth Emery remix)  [Euphonic]
03 - Sophie Sugar - Together (Original mix)  [A State Of Trance]
04 - Markus Schulz and Departure feat Gabriel and Dresden - Without you near (Alex M.O.R.P.H Sacred Light mix)  [Coldharbour]
05 - Nitrous Oxide - Aurora (Original mix)  [Anjunabeats]
06 - Bobina - Time and Tide (Gareth Emery remix)  [Maelstrom]
07 - Michael Tsukerman - Tel Aviv (Immoral Monkeys vs DJ Shultz remix)  [soundpiercings]
08 - DFolt Feat. Marcie - Hold Me Up (Summer Sessions remix)  [system Recordings]
09 - Calvin Harris - Flashback (Eric Prydz remix)  [ultra Records]
10 - Carrie Skipper - Time Goes By (Super8 Full On mix)  [Anjunabeats]

-== Conor Arkins ==-
01 - U2 - Where The Streets Have No Name (John O'Callaghan Remix) [CD-R]
02 - Tom Colontonio - The One (Original Mix) [Vandit Records]
03 - Corderoy Ft. Aruna - Ashley's Guitar (Mike Wind & Arctic Moon Mashup) [CD-R]
04 - Nitrous Oxide & Mysterious Movement - The Journey (Original Mix) [Mondo Records]
05 - Vast Vision & Ram - Sandwriting (Temple One Remix) [Fraction Records]
06 - Hydro Aquatic & Vir2l Vision - Vigor (Original Mix) [Monster Tunes]
07 - Max Graham Ft. Neev Kennedy - Sun In The Winter (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix) [Coldharbour Recordings]
08 - John Askew - Nail Gun (Greg Downey Remix) [Discover Dark]
09 - Abraham Leoga - Stability (Trance Arts Remix) [Crystal Source Recordings]
10 - Daniel Kandi - Everything Counts (Suncatcher Remix) [Red Force Recordings] 

DOWNLOAD FROM MY SITE HERE: http://www.dreamension.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111:dreamension-presents-universal-language-034-with-conor-arkins-guest-mix&catid=16:trance-mixes&Itemid=42

DreamensioN pres. Universal Language 035 (with Rob Dyer guest mix)

There is so much upcoming talent out there in the dance music scene, and one such gem is Rob Dyer. I met Rob at the recent Future Music Festival here in Brisbane. Rob Dyer is from the Gold Coast, Queensland - an area known for it's party lifestyle and golden beaches. Rob Dyer brings that atmosphere to his set in this month's guest mix.

Enjoy this month's show as I play a blend of new tunes and classic tracks from the past. My set gradually builds in pace as we wind up to Rob Dyer's high energy and uplifting set. Rob will give your speakers a workout with his dynamic sound, covering a broad range of styles, culminating in a floor pounding finish.

Rob Dyer

rob_dyer.jpg

DreamensioN presents Universal Language 035
Release Date: 5th May 2010 (Only @ www.afterhours.fm)

DreamensioN presents Universal Language 035 (with Rob Dyer Guest Mix)

Album................: Universal Language 035 (with Rob Dyer Guest Mix)
Year.................: 2010

Tracklisting

-== DreamensioN ==-
01 - Aurosonic vs. IiO - Is It Missing Love (T.I.M Project Mashup)
02 - Temple One pres Tu Casa - Betelgeuse (Original mix)  [Enhanced Progressive]
03 - Nadia Ali - Love Story (Andy Moors Ecodub mix)  [Direxion Entertainment]
04 - Rex Mundi - Scorpion (Original Mix)  [Coldharbour Red]
05 - Martin Roth and Bartlett Bros - Losing Gravity (Martin Roth nustyle mix)  [Lunatique]
06 - Blake Jarrell - Punta Del Este (Beach mix)  [Electronic Elements]
07 - Majai - Phoria (Elevation remix)  [Tetsuo
]
08 - Icone - Invisible (Original mix)  [Elevation Records]
09 - Tomac - Like a Dream (Vocal mix)  [Moonrising]
10 - Insigma - Open Our Eyes (Sean Tyas Got Piano remix)  [ATCR Recordings]

-== Rob Dyer ==-
01 - Greg Downey - Global Code (Scot Project remix) [Vandit Records]
02 - Neal Scarborough - Wiretap [Fraction Records]
03 - Activa - Transmission [Discover Records]
04 - Paul Van Dyk - Forbidden Fruit (Guiseppe Ottaviani Remix) [Vandit Records]
05 - Greg Downey - Showtime [Reset Records(Spinnin)]
06 - Ridgewalkers feat. El - Find (Indecent Noise Remix) [Wild Records(Baroque)]
07 - Reaky - Vampire Strikes Back (Bryan Kearney Remix) [sound Evolution Records]
08 - Sean TyasS - Rulebook (Bryan Kearney's Out The Window Remix) [Discover Records)
09 - David Forbes - Foldback (Original Mix) [Fraction Records]
10 - The Prodigy - Charly (Joint Operations Centre Remix) [CDR]
11 - Daft Punk - We Are All Superheroes After All (Reaky's Bootleg Mix) [CDR]

DIRECT DOWNLOAD HERE: http://tinyurl.com/284feqb

They look pretty neat!

i'l give them a shot when i get home! Cheers!