ndaryd

Scissor Doors for S15!

Hey all,

I know most people on here probably won't like scissor/lambo doors but I just wanted to know of who has them fitted to an S15 and where they got them for and how much they paid?

I didn't ask for unnecessary replies, I would just like to know the info as per my first post (who has them and how much they paid/where they bought them).

answer. noone has them. and if they do, they wont tell you out of shame.

ive seen some of the cheap ones off ebay, and they are very flimsy and cheap so get some good hinges welded on

but isnt there something better you could buy for the money

sorry bout this, a bit off topic but since its hard to come across other varietta owners........ has anyone had problems with the roof (wen up) bieng rattly and making sqeeky noises, and if so howd you fix it?

Hey all,

I know most people on here probably won't like scissor/lambo doors but I just wanted to know of who has them fitted to an S15 and where they got them for and how much they paid?

mission complete

http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/1999_2002_silvia/exterior/vertical_doors/gt_factory/gtfa00083992.html

sorry bout this, a bit off topic but since its hard to come across other varietta owners........ has anyone had problems with the roof (wen up) bieng rattly and making sqeeky noises, and if so howd you fix it?

Yep had 3 and took them to our auto electrical there were some bolts at the back that need adjusting and tightening.

O and scissor doors is a big no no in less you like cock in assss

Just dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont so it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey all,

if you do it i will hunt you down and set the car on fire.....

well not really, but i would dream of doing it.

thats blasphemy!

Wow, poor guy doesnt stand a chance.

Whats with the big hating of scissor doors? I think they'd look pretty cool on a nice S15... unsure.gif

After "ndaryd's" second post, again some ns.com members have just proven to be nothing but opinionated about what everyone else wants to do with their own cars. For all of those useless posts, it just proves that 7 or so members are totally illiterate and need to be considerate of others and what they want to do with their car. No one cares if you don't like the idea of scissor doors.

He didn't ask for your opinions.. I cant believe how thick in the head and ignorant people can be these days.

Anyways back on topic

you probably lookin at $700US from scissor-door.com

http://www.autostylingaustralia.com.au has got em for $900AU

also mate to my understanding the lambo type doors are illegal (not sure on that though, laws may of changed since last time i checked). It costs A LOT of money to do tests on the doors and near impossible to get aftermarket ones engineered for them to be legal. Lamborghini's have obviously been tested and engineered.

If you can't find any local, maybe jump on zilvia.net.

That's in the states, otherwise I think there's a club called sexpec.com.au or something like that where you'd probably have more luck with finding something.

also mate to my understanding the lambo type doors are illegal (not sure on that though, laws may of changed since last time i checked). It costs A LOT of money to do tests on the doors and near impossible to get aftermarket ones engineered for them to be legal. Lamborghini's have obviously been tested and engineered.

not sure if its true or not but i herd its illegal because in case you end up on ur roof ur in a pickle, and lambos are so wide and low from factory its almost impossible to put them on the roof

After "ndaryd's" second post, again some ns.com members have just proven to be nothing but opinionated about what everyone else wants to do with their own cars. For all of those useless posts, it just proves that 7 or so members are totally illiterate and need to be considerate of others and what they want to do with their car. No one cares if you don't like the idea of scissor doors.

He didn't ask for your opinions.. I cant believe how thick in the head and ignorant people can be these days.

Anyways back on topic

There's always one white knight - congratulations.

OP got his answer on where to buy quite early in the thread.

If anything the members that are critical are looking out for another by suggesting (whether in a tactless opinionated way or otherwise) that he ought not devalue his car with a mod like this.

On a 3m wide lambo murcielago they make perfect sense, on a skinny runt like a silvia, they are absurd.

Bottom line is if you don't want an opinion contrary to your own then don't ask a question on a forum, as opinions and advice are what they are all about.

^ was thinking the same. might buy all my adjustable arms from US now :D

not sure if its true or not but i herd its illegal because in case you end up on ur roof ur in a pickle, and lambos are so wide and low from factory its almost impossible to put them on the roof

My mate Bez has ones on his sil that open out fully like normal but also open up about 1/3 of the way out and then you can lift up.

So they work either way.

I could ask him more about the but honestly cbf.

thailand i hear, is a good place to get aids.

thats what you're after right?

Be careful though.

Read somewhere that the S15 doors are heavy so over time the hinges/arms wear and dont stay up very well so its a potential accident waiting to happen.

Sorry, dont want to talk you out of it. Good for tight car parks though :)

Edited by -MDN-

hmmmmm well my opinion, since everyone’s giving there’s is that it would look pretty "flash" but that’s not really what silvias are all about, when i think of scissor doors i think of mc larens and stuff lol, bottom line is if you want it then get it, no one else’s choice but your own :3

really i dont see the problem with em . and use em what, 3 times a day or so, and i thikn they would look classy on a varietta. i wouldnt do it to a s13 or 14 but s15 would look nice. but really dpends on the style of your car. anyways, yeh i dont know where u could get em but if u do post up some pics :)

thailand i hear, is a good place to get aids.

thats what you're after right?

baarrhh hahahaha LMFAOlaugh.gif