Sign in to follow this  
Lude

Dubstep? Drum N Bass? Anyone into it?

been bumpin Dub for about 3 years now and still can't get enough of it.

- Borgore

- Datsik

- Excision

- Bar9

- Doc.P

- Phear Phace

- FuntCase

- Cookie Monster

- Shekel

- Diesel

anything done by these guys is generally bangin and filth.

that said, anything done by the following artists is generally shithouse and soft fluff:

- skream

- caspa

- rusko

- benga

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

And the WINNER is...

Shit you were right. That songs amazing.

that said, anything done by the following artists is generally shithouse and soft fluff:

- skream

- caspa

- rusko

- benga

Yeah, the four that have produced some of the first big tracks and have defined the genre are shit :rolleyes:

You can't have banger after banger anyway, otherwise it loses it's edge.

- skream

- caspa

- rusko

- benga

Yeah, the four that have produced some of the first big tracks and have defined the genre are shit :rolleyes:

+1,

thats the thing, theres so many flavors, caspa and skream do some dark shiet and two of the best in the genre!

but each to their own, i guess. most of the producers go gay and start producing cheese which is the shit you find on them gay MOS mixes, so its hard to find producers that stay to their original style.

very true, originally it was a lot darker and more minimal and intelligent. I'm all for datsik dropping distorted wobble bass, but there's only so much of it you can listen to before it gets boring.

How about you buy the album off beatport and support these artists that actually deserve the money they make :P

Never been on beat port before, but thanks :)

I went to JB to find this and couldnt :(

anyone coming creamfields!!! SKRILLEX going to be there. as well as deadmau5 booya!!!

REALLY digging skrillex at the moment got the whole discog its awesome!

Dubstep has nuthn on jungle... Though most of you would be late teens early 20s and not understand,

I still got a dubplate remixes of some aphrodite kicking about somewhere.. That scene is definitely dead :(

- skream

- caspa

- rusko

- benga

I can't stress enough how boring and pathetic all of those artists are.

Though a few of those names probably could make something heavy, the fact that they rarely do or just don't and are now part of tracklists on mainstream electronica faggotry mixtapes and compilations just shows what they stand for.

It's sad to see that even good artists like DOC.P are starting to do this, and it's frustrating, but whatever.

Banger after Banger isn't annoying or loses it's edge if they are innovative, big tracks with a difference.

Though they may have indeed been the 'pioneers' of the genre, they have never been good when you consider there's 16year old Yugoslav kids producing some of the filthiest and biggest tunes getting around.

People just overlook artists like these because they want music fed to them, and don't have the initiative to explore the genre further and seek new, exciting artists or sounds.

When you really break it down, though dubstep has always been a fusion or many styles / genres / sounds within itself, it's pretty evident to see that there are now many subgenres of dub's initial signature and foundation.

I guess it depends on how you like your music.

If you're into the whole rainbow lollypop fluffy cloud cotton candy meoldy bullshit with no big change ups / good heavy drums or filth in general, then you're probably a poof anyway and wouldn't know what good dub is if it was strapped to your ears.

Just because you start something doesn't mean you're good.

Look at aussie hiphop artists. Essentially every old school head or 'pioneer' are the ones who produce consistent garbage. You're 36years old, stop rapping, it's pathetic.

Same rules apply. Garbage is garbage.

Have a whinge.

I don't mind a little melody between the breaks. :)

my favourite at the moment, but can still never go past Mt eden, always put out a good line

We should open this thread to dnb. :). I have so many good tracks.

Tiz your thread... go for it, it seems a little quiet, and i always want new tunes.. whistle.gif