Sign in to follow this  
rushhh

E85

Got picked for a random breath test while driving home Police officer = have you had any thing to drink tonight ? Me = no Police officer = count to 5, I'm getting a high reading of alcohol on the breathalyzer are u sure you haven't had a drink ? Me = it's the fumes coming from the exhaust, have u got a breathalyzer with a straw ? Police officer = deep breath into the straw till I say stop, has this happen to you before ? Me = yes Police officer = your good to go, have a good night and drive safe
What's the alternative to a breathalyzer with a straw? I've never seen anything else.

There's another one that detects alcohol in your breath when you speak into it

Hey mate you seem to know a lot about e85, so I need ur advice.

I got a r34gt-t running a power fc tuned to run united E85, would be able to run 95-98pulp in n emergency, or would that cause damage?

Thanks

Nushtek,

Once the fuel light is on, fill up with a tank of 98 and swap to your 98 map on the PowerFC.

Your car won't start with a tank of 98 running an E85 map.

You'll need an FC-Hako or FC-Datalogit to allow you to switch maps though..

and a laptop..

$180 for an FC-Hako

I run a PowerFC in my 180, an E85 and a 98 map,

i just fill up with 98 and swap to my 98 map with the FC-Hako if I run out of fuel too far from a United petrol station that stocks E85.

Just means I need to carry a Netbook around.

I figured I might as well use the PowerFC i had until I need a reason to change.

Cheaper than forking out for a brand new $2000 ECU that supports dual maps, a $500 flex fuel sensor and 2x more tunes (98 and E85) to suit the new ECU.

I don't have any cold start issues with my 180 on United E85.

Starts first time every time;

The only time it may need a second attempt at starting is anywhere below 5deg. -This has happened once in 24months.

Speak to Chequered Tuning; Trent spent a good few days getting my E85 Cold Start just right on my car.

The 180 starts better on E85 than my daily does on 98.

Really happy with it.

Running ID1000's (purely for headroom later on), Walbro 255 pump, $15/m Ryco Teflon lined fuel hose from Repco.

The car has been sitting idle for 8 months with 3/4's a tank of United E85, still testing at E89 from the initial E91 reading on the Ethanol Tester.

Once the fuel light is on, fill up with a tank of 98 and swap to your 98 map on the PowerFC.

my brothers GTR ran fine on 98 octane on a E85 map

it ran well enough to drive the car to the nearest E85 pump

tuner said not to trash it but it was still safe enough to drive as long as the car didnt come on boost

Won't it stay running off the o2 sensor in closed loop and trim the fuel mixtures Aslong as you keep it off wot and cruise it ?

Haven't Tryed it my self but in theory that's what should happen

tuner said not to trash it but it was still safe enough to drive as long as the car didnt come on boost

really?

mine refuses to start with 98 in the tank on the E85 map

haha.

Once the fuel light is on, fill up with a tank of 98 and swap to your 98 map on the PowerFC. Your car won't start with a tank of 98 running an E85 map.
my brothers GTR ran fine on 98 octane on a E85 map it ran well enough to drive the car to the nearest E85 pump tuner said not to trash it but it was still safe enough to drive as long as the car didnt come on boost
really? mine refuses to start with 98 in the tank on the E85 map haha.

what was with a haltech platinum pro tho

really?

mine refuses to start with 98 in the tank on the E85 map

haha.

depends how much crank fuel correction has been added, E85 you need quite a bit more on the cranking table.. when that translate into 98 it's foul plugs.. unless originally there wasn't much to start with.

I usually add like an additional 8~12% of fuel for E85 for the cranking tables

Just curious if anyone ever tried Nitrous with E85?

Yeah on a few customer cars

And I've recently just installed a nitrous kit on my gtr as well

Like 1000hp wasn't enough lol

Vague question since I don't know much about it Nitrous but is it more suited to a particlar tupe of fuel ie more gains etc?

Vague question since I don't know much about it Nitrous but is it more suited to a particlar tupe of fuel ie more gains etc?

It's safer on better fuel so u can spray more in

It's like running more boost but with out the lag

I think of it as boost in a bottle

eh? my understanding you need to retard timing & inject more fuel in when running N2O as it leans out the mixture as it introduces more oxygen in the combustion cycle, thus increasing the volumetric efficiency of a motor.