Sign in to follow this  
rezzy_S13

High idle sr20de s13

Hey guys left work this arvo n car feels like its on constant warm up and revving between 1800k n 2000k and I'm kinda worried.

Haven't done anything but fit my shroud back up but that was last week so I'd love to know what to check.

I've currently driven 90k home from work and didn't change.

I've checked all leads and obvious pipes to afm etc.

tps, dizzy... What should I check next?

Ok i hit the radiator with the spanner from the positive battery terminal and now the battery is dead wtf!! Lent my charger to a mate doh!!

Ill check the coolant sensor and iac valve in the morning and hope its something I can fix myself :)

Ok had to replace the mother in laws alternator so didn't have much time to do much so I pulled iac valve out and was pretty average gave it a good clean with fuel so hope that helps. Battery is on charge so should know tomorrow if the situation changes

Ok so now I can do hill starts without touching the gas pedal... Now damn thing is revving at 2500rpm.

I cleaned the AFM, throttle body and manifold (was a fair bit of oil down there) next thing on list is now a catch can I guess. Tried playing with the air screw and that was closed so did nothjng but increase revves when I unscrewed it.

So with the Coolant temp sensor what would I do to check this simply unplug and start?

Maybe I should just visit a mechanic

Edited by rezzy_S13

Did a scan with the ecutalk and there was a knock sensor, MAF, TPS errors.

I cleared them 3 times and they are no longer showing up.

Tps is showing 2.4v for some unknown reason. Anyone shed any light on how this could

Have happened?

reset the TPS to 0.47v

went for drive and it idled at 600rpm whenever i stopped - get in my driveway and starts revving at 2000rpm

cleaned and reset AFM again - no effect

Thinking the next step is to go over everything again with the ECU in timing mode and im going to download Data Scan and use this instead of ECU talk - anyone know all the readings i should be getting if everything is ok?

Ayone local willing to come have a look with me has a carton in my fridge :thumbsup:

Sign in to follow this