Sign in to follow this  
ndaryd

S15 Injectors - Are ADM and JDM the same?

I have removed my injectors from my ADM S15 SR20DET Motor today and would like to know if someone can help me identify them because I was looking at getting them serviced/cleaned but want to make sure they're the right injectors for my motor before doing that and putting them back in. The motor has only done 110,000km and was a one owner lady since knew so i'm doubting they've been changed before but i'm not sure. I want to know if ADM and JDM are the same injectors and cc. Mine are Purple with A46-F32 embedded on them (see pic below):

S15 Injector.JPG

And does manual and auto have different injectors?

JDM and ADM has the same injectors, however auto has a smaller one, manual stock injector should be brownish in colour

post-67985-12705418909255_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate. Mine are purple in colour, so they seem to be the 370cc injectors I believe. Do I need a tune if I change mine to the purple injectors or even 550cc aftermarket ones?

yes you need a tune, but unless you're going a bigger turbo it would be useless putting those injectors in anyways..

Ahh okay, thanks for the reply mate :)

yeah they look like s14 injectors.. if it is pretty much stock.. when you get them cleaned get them flowed just to check that they have not been tampered with..

Is your car auto or manual?

Edited by rusty1

i went through this very subject the week before last, here is a list of injector sizes with colours and everything so you can tell whats what.

http://www.paulr33.c...inj_side-en.htm

purple injectors are 370cc

also, in referance to the 480cc JAP s15 injectors, they are brown in colour, these are mine, they look kind of red but its called brown. Just to add to the confusion, they also have a little UJ logo on the side of them

and some better pics of s15 JDM 480cc injectors (pretty much putting this info in here coz theres alot of bullshit on google regarding this very subject

1074765_10200553863034675_1664588487_o.jpg

1082203_10200553863194679_390589955_o.jpg

1073698_10200553861154628_585111108_o.jpg

977147_10200553863354683_61765276_o.jpg

1071599_10200553862594664_378884232_o.jpg

here you can just make out the UJ logo i am talking about

1074355_10200553862314657_1345335450_o.jpg

Edited by DRE20

FFS..

S15 injectors are not 480CC, they're 450CC

S15 runs higher base fuel pressure hence they appear to be 480CC, but if you were to install these into a S13 or S14 they will be 450CC injectors

S15 Manual 450CC

S15 Auto 370CC

Both run 3.5 bar base fuel pressure, S14/S13 run 3 bar base fuel pressure

FFS..

S15 injectors are not 480CC, they're 450CC

S15 runs higher base fuel pressure hence they appear to be 480CC, but if you were to install these into a S13 or S14 they will be 450CC injectors

S15 Manual 450CC

S15 Auto 370CC

Both run 3.5 bar base fuel pressure, S14/S13 run 3 bar base fuel pressure

annnd your actually wrong as i am, they are 444cc

http://www.nissanraceshop.com/product/332501/nissan-sr20det-444cc-injector-1660091f00

PowerFC manual says they're 450cc, but 444cc and 450 close enough :)

I just get worked up when people say they're 480cc then they are not

Well when you have the problem of trying to find info on these little f**kers coz you wanna know what size they are its pretty confusing when google tells you all sorts of shit. 440-444-450-480cc. Its all the exact same injector. It did my head in when I was trying to find out what was what, but then I worked out their all the same just depends what one person writes to the next person. Gotta love the internet haha

interwebz are awesome lol...

I've tuned a PowerFC with the assumption that S15 injectors are 450cc, idles fine and economy over 500+ km to 50Ls

but manual S15 injectors are that poo terracotta brown colour, cannot miss it.

thats terrible fuel economy, i just got 801km to a tank on sunday out of my sr20 ;)

i don't care if you don't believe me, i have no reason to lie, i dead set, swear on my i dunno, unborn children s lives, i drove from townsville to cloncurry on the one tank of gas, didn't boost it, well, i couldn't boost it coz the bp ultimate i got made my car knock its guts out, so i was in economy mode. Don't forget the car is built, and tuned.

Edited by DRE20

spent a bit of time in the light throttle/off boost area of the map me thinks :) awesome economy

spent a bit of time in the light throttle/off boost area of the map me thinks :) awesome economy

not really, if anything we added fuel everywhere, the old map didn't work very well with my new head gasket, it was detonating abit so in the light throttle area we had to add abit of fuel.. Mind u I seriously was only at 10% throttle all day due to the shitty fuel and it detonating, I was shitting myself hoping it would make it home, was over taking cars in 5th gear by getting a big run up hahaI got 700ks to a tank on the way to Townsville, but that's my Mrs fault as she was driving and she drives like a grandma till its over take time

A stock s15 will do 450-550 avg km on urban, 801 might be possible if it's all downhill

Mine isn't exactly stock dude, no way a stock s15 would get anywhere near 800ks to a tank.

A stock s15 will do 450-550 avg km on urban, 801 might be possible if it's all downhill

never seen an 800km hill.. I'd believe 800 over 2 tanks.. or maybe its a hybrid.. :)

Yeah its a race car at night time, and a Prius during the day.

I actually took a photo of the odometer and fuel gauge on the way home coz I couldn't believe the k's I was getting, I could post em up but no one is going to believe me so I won't bother :) But I will say one thing, I have a good tune and Donny has built me a kickass little engine. And that's all I'm gunna bother saying about it. Flame on lads! :)

I believe it - when i bought my stock s14 from a guy in melbourne a couple years ago i picked it up and drove it home to coffs harbour (very tentatively and off boost the whole way) 1400km and did it in less than 2 tanks haha. filled in melbourne before i left, then sty of sydney and wasn't on empty, then home to coffs and still had a third of a tank! I couldn't believe it then. Then the mods started and now its like 'efficiency?! whats that shit?'

I actually took a photo of the odometer and fuel gauge on the way home coz I couldn't believe the k's I was getting, I could post em up but no one is going to believe me so I won't bother smile.png But I will say one thing, I have a good tune and Donny has built me a kickass little engine. And that's all I'm gunna bother saying about it. Flame on lads! smile.png

Take a chill pill dude, totally possible if it's sitting on 5th gear low revs and not stopping, was just taking the piss

I'm chilled bro. ;)

And the the hypermiling phase of NS begins...

thats terrible fuel economy, i just got 801km to a tank on sunday out of my sr20 ;)

that can't be true lolz