Sign in to follow this  
stockblues15

Alarm/immobiliser control over door lock/unlock on JDM S15

I have been spending some time looking over the electrical section of the service manual to plan an immobiliser install.

I want the immobiliser fob to be able to remotely lock/unlock the doors. However according to the service manual only the passenger door has a lock control motor which is activated by the switch on the drivers door. Now I know that is complete crap because my factory key can lock/unlock both driver and passenger doors via the button. So it seems this part is missing from the manual (maybe because they think it is a security risk to document it).

Anyway I will probably have to spend much time with a multimeter opening and closing the door and seeing what wires do what.

I wondered if anybody has done this before and can provide a few tips. If I don't get any nibbles I'll end up documenting what I find in this thread.

It depends on the model. JDM or ADM?

Some JDM models were optioned with keyless entry many weren't so you've got to put a central locking motor in the drivers door

It's a JDM S15 and the key has a button for central locking.

The immobiliser has outputs that can drive one motor. I hope that if I operate the drivers door the passenger door will operate by the existing system.

It will have a motor solenoid in each door. The passenger door is called the slave solenoid and will drive from the drivers door, the master solenoid. Just hook it up to operate the drivers

Just a follow up with what I have found/done. The JDM central locking control unit is bolted to the drivers door behind the door card and splices into the loom going to the drivers side door switches. It then runs down to the motor solenoid inside the white plastic locking mechanism. It looks aftermarket installed as they use those plastic splice connectors and drilled a hole in the door to bolt the control unit up. But is has Nissan all over it so obviously factory option.

The motor solenoid is a "reverse polarity" system meaning it was 2 wires and you apply +12V and GND for lock, and then switch the signals for unlock. The manual for the passenger door lock shows how to wire up a "dual relay" to operate it. The immobiliser has 2 internal relays which can be used to duplicate the circuit that is used for the passenger door (GND to both N/C, +12V to both N/O and both COM run down to the motor solenoid Yellow and Purple coloured wires).

The only trick is you might get lock and unlock reversed on the first attempt. So don't get cocky and solder it and tape it all up before testing (lesson learned).

It would be interesting to know if all drivers side door lock mechanisms come with a motor solenoid, or is it an optional fitment when central locking is installed. Would be a bugger to install central locking without it.

Edit: Immobilser is now installed and working fine. Bugger of a job to do neatly, no wonder the good installs cost big. I have also installed an electric boot release which required running wires from the fuse box to the rear of the car which required the removal of a lot of stuff.

Edit: The wire colour for the motor solenoid is yellow and purple. For the door unlock sensor (switch) it is white and black/white. At least this was the colour for the central locking unit loom installed in my car.

Edited by stockblues15

It would be interesting to know if all drivers side door lock mechanisms come with a motor solenoid, or is it an optional fitment when central locking is installed. Would be a bugger to install central locking without it.

Optional on JDM models when they are optioned with Keyless Entry.

I had to pay to put a motor in my drivers door.

Edited by corners

im having trouble with getting the central lock system to work with my new alarm.

I have hooked up the wires as GND to both N/C, +12V to both N/O and both COM run down to the motor solenoid Yellow and Purple coloured wires. but it doesnt do anything at all.

not sure what to do? any help?

I'm pretty sure there isn't a solenoid in the JDM 15s only the ADM which already have central locking.

im having trouble with getting the central lock system to work with my new alarm.

I have hooked up the wires as GND to both N/C, +12V to both N/O and both COM run down to the motor solenoid Yellow and Purple coloured wires. but it doesnt do anything at all.

I had the same issue but it worked a while before it failed. One of the fuse for the black box was blown because the wire where I connect the 12V to has too much current when the engine is on.

I had the same issue but it worked a while before it failed. One of the fuse for the black box was blown because the wire where I connect the 12V to has too much current when the engine is on.

i ended up putting acutator on the door and wire the two for alarm system, works fine. had to disable to factory lock but as long as new alarm working i dont really care. any one having trouble having fitting a alarm ill be more than happy to help out. cheers :thumbsup:

On the S13 there is a motor in the passenger door, I added an aftermarket central locking kit, added a solenoid in drivers door, used the existing wires to the passenger door motor and it was as easy as that!

I'm pretty sure there isn't a solenoid in the JDM 15s only the ADM which already have central locking.

I've seen 1x S15 with it, and that was a 2001 model.. all the 1999/2000 seem to not have it.

There's just a switch to detect the key movement to unlock the passenger door. 3x other S15s I've done alarms on, I've installed a master lock solenoid, i.e. has 4 wires, 2 for power 2 triggers.

You can use the factory relay box to simulate open & close on both doors.. just bridge the driver side one into it.. this leaves you with a cleaner install instead of running another central locking relay box which looks like arse.

(yes I've seen some monkey professionals do that, they disconnect the stock box and connect up an aftermarket one.. idiots)